Useful Bioarchaeology Links
- Flora Europaea http://rbg-web2.rbge.org.uk/FE/fe.html
Searchable database for all native and introduced Europaean flora. Hosted by the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh.
- Plants for a Future http://www.pfaf.org/
Very useful database, containing many European and North American wild species of economic value. Lists ecology, uses, and literary references by English and Latin plant names.
- Seed Database, Ohio State University http://www.oardc.ohiostate.edu/seedid/search.asp
An extensive collection of photographic images of seeds - and a seed quiz!
- BioImages - Virtual Fieldguide (UK) http://www.bioimages.org.uk/
Photographs of just about any biological entity... with a search engine
- Economic Botany, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew http://www.rbgkew.org.uk/scihort/ecbot.html
A good start when investigating modern plant uses and distributions; world wide.
- Collections Database, Rural History Centre, University of Reading http://www.ruralhistory.org/the_collections/ad_search.html
Extremely useful database of published and unpublished work relating to all aspects of past agriculture in the British Isles.
- Environmental Archaeology Bibliography, English Heritage http://ads.ahds.ac.uk/catalogue/specColl/eab_eh_2004/
The most comprehensive summary of bioarchaeological publications available in the U.K... with a search engine.
- Helmut Kroll's European Archaeobotany Database http://www.archaeobotany.de/
Searchable collection of archaeobotanical publications